Common Questions

There are many questions we have answered about obtaining a residence permit in Spain

Extra expenses for buying a property

Under Spanish law, any foreigner who buys property in Spain must pay 10% tax to the government. In addition to taxes, there are about 4% of additional costs, including the cost of registering a property in your official name, the cost of a lawyer if needed, and the cost of renaming bills such as water, electricity, gas, and telephone…

?What documents do I need to buy a property

With a passport, a Spanish ID number and the amount paid in your personal bank account in a Spanish bank, you will only be able to buy property in Spain

?How much does a monthly charge cost

It depends on the facilities of the complex, so that if the complex has a swimming pool, a gym, an elevator, etc., the charge will be higher. Example: An apartment charge of 100,000 euros is about 40-60 euros per month

?Do I need to know Spanish to get a non lucrative visa

No. It is possible to obtain a non lucrative visa without a language certificate

?Do I have a permission to work in Spain with a non lucrative visa

You are not allowed to work in this way (you cannot be hired anywhere) but you can start your own business

?Do I have to live in Spain to get a permanent residence permit

Your temporary residency will only be extended if you have been in Spain for at least six months each year, after five years you will be granted permanent residence in Spain, provided that you do not leave the country for more than 12 consecutive months.

Conditions for applying for residence in Spain

No criminal record for the past five years •

Not to be present in Spain illegally •

Have health insurance •

Sufficient financial resources to support yourself and your family •

Additional costs of the application form •

Waiting time for the Golden Visa

Applications for applicants’ visas will be announced within one to three months of applying for a long-term Spanish visa

?Can I travel to other countries with a gold visa

Yes, you are allowed to travel to all Schengen countries

?Am I allowed to work in Spain

Yes. Unlike your Non Lucrative Visa visa, you and your family are allowed to work in Spain

?When am I allowed to sell the purchased property

You are any time you wish allowed to sell your property, but if your want is to get a residence permit in Spain, you must keep your property until you receive your permanent residence permit, which will be after five years living in Spain

Will I get Spanish citizenship and a passport with a golden Visa

To get a Spanish passport, you must have lived in Spain continuously for ten years. After living in Spain for five years, you will receive permanent residency, which means that there is no limit to how much you can live outside of Spain, but if you intend to obtain Spanish citizenship, you must not be abroad for more than a year

To obtain Spanish residency do I have to invest € 500,000 only on one property

No. To qualify for a the Golden visa, you need to invest € 500k in total it can be five property each one hundred thousand euro

?Do I need to know Spanish to get a visa and residency

No. It is possible to obtain a financial capability visa without a language certificate

Useful Information

Have you read our articles on different ways to stay in Spain

Read Now
Do I need English language certificate to be able to study in the Uk

Yes. To study English language you need to pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 4.5 and 6 if you want to study in the University.

Do I have permission to work in the Uk with Student visa

Yes, you allowed to work maximum 20 hours per week

Can I change my student visa to work visa

No, you can not change your student visa to work visa but after your graduation you can get temporary permit that allow you to search for job and then can apply for work permit

?Who are Golden Viza Team

We have 25 years of experience working in Europe, we are fluent in Spanish, English and Chinese languages therefore we are able to provide the best services cooperating closely with professional Spanish lawyers as well as connection with immigration officers to make things easier and faster

?Are you an Estate agency or lawyer

We are the property consultancy team we are not seller. We will guide you through right way to get best deal in your investment in Spain

?Does your information are reliable

All of the information on this website regularly updated with website of the Spanish immigration office

?Do you have Any more question

If you couldn’t find your answer contact us now

Contact us